Last Thursday, Steve and I headed south for the elk hunt. We pulled into camp around 1, where my dad was already camped and saving our spot. The fall colors were out, and it was absolutely beautiful!

Friday afternoon, we decided to go for the little ride in the Jeeps in hopes of spotting some elk. Well, we didn't find any elk, but we found a big mud hole. My brother was the first to dive in, get stuck, and be towed out.

As soon as Jeff was out, Steve's cousin, who was so excited to find mud for his new Rhino, drove in, got stuck, filled up with water and mud, and then had to be towed out. Through it all, he kept a smile on his face. Way to go Dave!

Then, there's me. Being the only girl (aside from Dave's daughter), I couldn't just stand by and watch, I wanted in on the fun. So, after my brother dared me, I jumped in the Jeep and headed for the mud hole. My family knows that there's pretty much nothing I won't do, especially if "girls aren't supposed so".
I dove in, got stuck, and had to be rescued by my brother. It was still worth it!

Trying to give it another shot, my brother tried again to no avail. But, that was my glory, I rescued him and towed him out.
Opening morning of the hunt, it was cold. Steve and I drove up to the skyline where there were blizzard like conditions. We had hoped for snow because it's easier to track the elk, but this was a little too much! We did find alot of tracks, but the snow covered them up quickly.
Monday morning the weather was getting better. There was still snow up on top, which fine, but made for a LOT of mud! Here's my great white hunter hoping to see something besides deer.
Beautiful view from the skyline.
I had 5 layers of clothing, plus my coat and orange fleece vest. I felt like the Pillsbury dough boy, and looked a lot like the oatmeal kid.
Even though the hunt was unsuccessful, I had such a great time hangin' out with the 3 most important guys in my life - Steve, my dad, and my brother.
3 comments:
I was laughing when I saw this yesterday! Too much fun!
Ah! gorgeous pictures!! ... and LoVe the Elk hunt turned Jeep safari! Thats awesome! Totally jealous, although I dont know if I could do camping in the snow quite yet.
you really did have a great time, i love the photos! it's nice to have really cool friends. thanks for dinner the other night, it was a lot of fun.
Post a Comment