Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summer Projects

I've been a bit of a procrastinator lately, and have wanted to "make new" some old things. For instance, our kitchen table. Steve and I bought the table BEFORE we were married. It has been in both homes we've lived in, AND survived a nearly fatal road rash incident on the move to our current home. I did refinish the table top about 3 years ago with another coat of oak stain, and it was holding up until my sweet Kelsey decided to carve her precious little name into it. So, with lots of hope that we are past the name carving stage, I dove in and took the whole thing apart. And yes, this was another project in which Steve gave me that "you wanna do what? - are you crazy??" look. Bless his heart, he helped me take all the chairs apart. It took me a few weeks working on it after I got off work at night, but it turned out so cool! I was very proud of myself!
I had to find a photo with the table in it so I could have a before/after photo.
LoVe It!
The other project I've been putting off for almost a year now, was re-finishing Kelsey's room. She wanted something a little more grown up, and not quite so purple. This was a birthday present from last year that she's been so patient with, only asking about her "new room" every now and then. I guess subconsciously, I was making sure she was past the carving stage.
(the "old" room)
Kelsey was so excited to see her room all finished! It turned out really pretty. I just need to find a few more things to accent and girly it up a bit. Happy Birthday last year Kelsey!

3 comments:

meg said...

I LOVE the new bed!!! It looks so good! Way to go! I love the cute name on the wall too.

meg said...

Oh man, I thought the table was on a different post. haha, I wanted to comment on that one too! That's a lot of work, but well worth it, it looks so good! I'm very impressed with your painting skillz!

Jenny said...

Awww, thanks Meg! That really means alot coming from the pro! :)