Sunday, August 23, 2009

Aly's 13th Birthday Bash

My sweet Aly turned into a teenager this year! She has grown into such a beautiful young woman with amazing qualities and talents. To list a few: her laughter is contagious - especially her giggle. She is helpful and hardworking, which I am so grateful for! She is fashionable and expensive (look out future husband!). She is responsible and loves to try new things. She is social - VERY social, and has many friends. ALL of this, plus - she is modest, holds her morals and values above all else (another blessing!), and has a beautiful self-esteem about herself (something I like to tease her about, but really couldn't be more grateful!) Aly, I hope you never take yourself too serious, don't be afraid to try new things, don't give up when the going gets tough, never compromise your beliefs for someone else, and always be yourself. Dad and I love you so much and we are so proud of you!
Aly wanted to go with the youth to the temple that night, so, she opened her present when she got home.

The next day, she had a few friends over for a sleepover.

I surprised her with a very cool cake - that she wasn't expecting. (Thanks Becca!)
Thanks Kylie, Bailey, and Chance!
We had family and friends over that Friday night to finish off the festivities.

The wind was picking up, and when you live in the country, there's no wind block. So, we moved our party to the garage just to be safe.



After dinner, the wind let up and we moved to the back patio. The kids jumped in the pool while the rest of us just relaxed and enjoyed each others company. We brought out the kareoke machine and got a few laughs out of our "exquisite" performers.





I made Aly's favorite cake - white velvet. It wasn't as fancy as Becca's cake, but Aly liked it.
After almost everyone else went home, Steve and my cousin McKell teamed up to perform "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". It was so funny! The sad part is that they were really good...
Big ThAnKs to all of our family and friends who came out to help us celebrate Aly - We LoVe you so much!

No comments: