Wednesday, February 18, 2009

VaLeNTiNeS...

Kelsey came home from school the other day SO excited! She walked in the door and I asked how her day was, she told me it was "the BeSt day EVER!" When I asked her what made it so special, she pulled out a little heart pillow from her back pack and filled me in. A boy that she "likes" (an older boy.... in the 4th grade!) gave it to her for Valentines. (Apparently, he "likes" her too.) She said he told her that he "accidentally" walked into the wall and spilled cologne on it. That's why it smells SO good she told me. She was just so cute about it.... and a little embarrassed when I took photos.... and sent one to her daddy on his cell phone.

Steve and I celebrated V-day by going out to dinner with some friends... (okay, we celebrated Friday AND Saturday.... anything to get out of cooking!) Friday evening, we got all dressed up and went to Tiburon with our friends, Rhonda and Jeff. The food was super yummy - especially the Creme' Brule! Thanks R and J for the fab evening!
Love you babe! Thanks for being happy and going out in spite of your ice cold shower. (Our water heater went out late the night before. Steve worked on it as soon as he got home Friday, but he needed more parts. I told him we could cancel and just go another day - which I was totally fine with. But, instead of being onry and canceling the evening, he did as much as he good with what he had, took a cold shower and took his very grateful wife to dinner. Needless to say, he had it fixed the very next day! Just love my handy man!


2 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

oh my goodness that is so funny! She will look back at this and just laugh - 'ran into the wall and spilled cologne" classic.
I laughed out loud. To be young again!
Glad you had a good valentines!

MiNdY said...

ohh HaHaHa!! Watch out for Kelsey!! :) That is so sweet!
And so sweet of Steve to grin and bear it! I HATE cold showers! ;)