Sunday, September 7, 2008

You Might Be a Redneck.....

Yesterday was our towns annual LaKe PoInT Days. The morning started off with a little parade down Center Street - a firetruck (LP's finest), the preschooler's float, the local riding group on horseback, some classic cars (Kelsey and her friend Kenzi rode in a corvette with Mickey, Kenzi's mom), and a bunch of kids with decorated bikes and 4-wheelers. Most of which were throwing candy.
However, it was the 1:00 event that was most interesting. It was the "lawn mower races". Yes, we're a small town, and we are entertained quite easily. With some coaxing from the 'man in charge', Steve and Jeff entered the competition to race against each other.
While both of them have the big commercial mowers, Jeff's is newer, and also has the little pull-along thing to stand on (no effort required). Steve's on the other hand, is a little older, and does not have that little thing to stand on. So, it took a lot more effort on Steve's part, especially since he had to run behind his mower while it drug him along. By the 3rd and last lap, Jeff had slowed and waited for Steve to catch up - and they crossed the finish line at a tie. Great job guys!
A sport the girls even enjoy!
So, I guess what it really adds up to is this:
You Might Be a Reneck if you participate in events such as the LAWN MOWER RACES!

3 comments:

meg said...

Are you sure we grew up next door to each other?! Sometimes I wonder! Hahaha, Hilarious!

mickey said...

Do I have to admit I'm a redneck because I enjoyed watching them race? It was fun, LP days was a lot of fun for our family. I need ot update my blog, can you send me the pic of us in Daddy's vet?

MiNdY said...

HaHa! you guys are hilarious! Cant complain about a good time!