Well, it's been almost 9 months since my last post. For the most part, I kind of slacked off, but then, something happened to all the text in my blog, and I thought my blogging days were over. Thankfully, my good friend Megan was able to figure it all out today, SO, I'm back! I've been thinking for the last few hours of how I'd get all caught up. I thought about just skipping over Spring and Summer, but the last 9 months have brought us some very humbling experiences that I wanted to include in this blog. Bear with me as I slowly, but surely attempt to get all caught up!
Courage, lot's of courage!
Around the first of March (2010), we found out that Kelsey was getting sick again. Her doctor wanted us to have Kelsey admitted by the end of the month. After discussing options with Kelsey, I learned more about my little 10 year old in that 15 minutes than I had her whole life. She told me that she didn't want to be admitted for a few months. Softball season was just starting, we had our Moab trip planned, not to mention she hates missing school. I tried to explain how small those things were in comparison to her health, when she made it very clear to me that I did not understand what it was like for her. She was tired of this "thing" (that has still yet to be diagnosed), slowing her down and keeping her from the things she enjoys. To be honest, she was absolutely right, I had no idea.
I decided at that moment that I needed to let her have a little more say, and a little more control over her life. Her doctor recommended that we wait no longer than the end of April, but we had to trust that Kelsey knew what she could handle. So, we went ahead with all our plans, including trying out for an accelerated softball team, going to Moab, and not missing 1 day of the rest of the term. I saw this ring and it overwhelmingly reminded me of Kelsey, so, I had to have it.
I decided at that moment that I needed to let her have a little more say, and a little more control over her life. Her doctor recommended that we wait no longer than the end of April, but we had to trust that Kelsey knew what she could handle. So, we went ahead with all our plans, including trying out for an accelerated softball team, going to Moab, and not missing 1 day of the rest of the term. I saw this ring and it overwhelmingly reminded me of Kelsey, so, I had to have it.



1 comment:
Yeah for being back! I hope Kelsey is doing good! Love the ring! What a brave little girl and so determined & Strong!
Post a Comment