Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

We celebrated my Mom's birthday last Tuesday by going out to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Aly was unable to attend due to her procrastination of her "Oprah" report. Missed you Al! I am so grateful that my Mom is such a big part of my life and especially my girl's lives. She is always there for me whenever I need her, and is such an example to me. When she was battling cancer, she was the one that was strong for the rest of us. I couldn't even talk about her cancer without breaking down and crying. I'd never been so terrified and scared. But my mom never slowed down. She went through several months of chemotherapy and radiation. There were people in her office that didn't even know she was sick, because she didn't skip a beat. She is a shining example of courage, faith, and love, and I'm so lucky to have her for a mom and best friend. We love you Mom!

1 comment:

MiNdY said...

Aww.. that was a super sweet post! Love your mom.